History
Population
Science and Technology
Transportation and communication
Administrative division
About Qingtian
Public Services
Economic development
Infrastructure Construction
History

一、 The Origin of the county’s name
Qingtian county was firstly built in the second year of Tang Ruizong Jing Yun, namely in 711 AD.
 This name Qingyian was at first appeared in Song Chongjin’s  Yongjia county in Nan Dynasty  for there was a kind of grass in Qingtian County whose leaves were like bamboo and it can be used as colorant.  These grass was abundant there and its name was called green bamboo there, thus, the name of Qingtian was called. ( here County was mistakenly used as there was county at that time according to Sun zhirang proofreading in Qing dynasty.)  
As for the origin of its county’s name, recordings were as flows.
From Imperial Geography of the Song Period, Qingtian County originally belonged to Song Yang and Kuo Cang, and then separated. It was named because of its green mountains.
From Qingtian County, in Kangxi Qing dynasty, there was a mountain, lying a mile north of the county, and the fields at the bottom of the mountain were full of green gendarmes, thus, it was named as Qingtian.
From History and Geography of Qing Dynasty, there was a mountain, lying in the northern part of the county, 50 miles miles away, called Qingtian Mountain, thus, the name of Qingtian was called.
From Qing Emperor Guangxu Chuzhou government records, Ye Fashan, an outstanding Taoist, buried himself in studying in Qingtian Mountain which was a mile away from the county. And the fields on the mountains were rich of green gendarmes, thus, the county was named.
Accordingly, the mountain was named Qingtian Mountain because of the green-gendarmes-growing fields and the county was named as Qingtian County because the county was set at the foot of Qingtian Mountain, and the county’s alias was Zjitian.
二、Membership development
During Spring and Autumn and Warring States periods, Qingtian belonged to Ouyue Land.
After Qing Dynasty united the six countries and conquered Ouyue and Minyue Land, and set Minzhong County, which included Qingtian.
May, the third year of Hui emperor, Western Han Dynasty (192 BC), Zouyao, the leader of Ouyue Land, was award as the king of the East China Sea for he made contributions to destroyed the Qing Dynasty. The area under his jurisdiction included Wenzhou, Taizhou, Chuzhou area. The second year of Yuanshi ( 85 BC ), he set Huipu County in Dongou Huipu. And the Qingtian area was included in Huipu county, Ji province.
At the beginning of the Eastern Han Dynasty, Huipu county was renamed as Zhangan county. The south part of Zhangan was set into another county, named Songyang County. Qingtian at that time was a part of Songyang County, Ji province.
The second year of Wu Taiping ( 257 AD), the Three Kingdoms, Ji province was separated. The east was Zhangan County, Linhai County, Shiping County, Yongning County, Songyang County, and Luoyang County. Qingtian belonged to Linhai County.
The first year of the Eastern Jin Dynasty (323 AD),  Yongning County, Angu County , Songyang County, Hengyang County, Linhai County were separated from Linhai and they formed another county—Yongjia county, governing Wenzhou, Chuzhou areas. And Qingtian belonged to Yongjia County.
The ninth year of Sui dynasty (589 AD), county was abolished, and, Yongjia county was renamed as Chuzhou, Dongxiang of Songyang was set as Kuocang,  and  Qingtian was a part of Kuocang. The twelfth year of Kaihuang (593 AD), Chuzhou was renamed as Kuozhou. The third year of Daye (607 AD), Kuozhou was renamed as Yongjia County. The fourth year of Wude Tang dynasty (621AD),  Yongjia County was again renamed as Kuozhou.
The second year of Tang Ruizong Jing Yun, namely in 711 AD, Kong Zongzou, a prefectural governor, applied to separate Qingtian from Kuocang County and set Qingtian County, belonging to Kuozhou. The first year of Tianbao (742 AD), Kuozhou was renamed as Jinyun which was later renamed back as Kuozhou later in the first year of Qianyuan (758 AD). In 779AD, Kuozhou was renamed as Chuzhou, and Qingtian belonged to Chuzhou.
In Yuan dynasty, Qingtian County belonged to Chuzhou, Jiangzhe Executive Secretariat,
In Ming dynasty, Qingtian belonged to Chuzhou, Zhejiang government.
  The sixth year of Kangxi, Qing dynasty, Zhejiang was set to four counties, namely, Hangjiahu, Ningshaotai, Jinquyan and Wenchu. Qingtian belonged to Wenchu County. November, 1911, Zhejiang set up military government, Qingtian belonged to Chuzhou Branch military government
Early Republic of China, the old administrative division was canceled. 1914, Zhejiang set 4 parts, Qiantang, Kuaiji, Jinhua, Ouhai. Qingtian belonged to Ouhai. 1916, province and county were set. June, 1921, administration and supervision District system was set.  Qingtian County respectively belonged to eleventh District, Second special District, Ninth District, seventh District, Sixth District (Officer of the chief inspector were in Lishui). May, 1937, Qingtian belonged to the fifth District (Officer of the chief inspector were in Wenzhou).
After the foundation of People's Republic of China, Qingtian County belonged to Wenzhou special area. May, 1963, it belonged to Lishui special area (it changed as Lishui area). It hasn’t changed so far.
三、Changes of  Governing area
Since the foundation of the Qingtian County, the governing area has changed three times.
1452, Ming dynasty, Sun Yuanzhen, the grand coordinator, applied to set up Jingning County consisting of Xian Shangli and Xian Xiali for he considered Qingtian was quite empty. As a result, the 23 parts that consisted Qingtian was reduced to 18. Actually, its area was not more than two hundred miles (The Qing Dynasty, Qingtian County.).
July 1st, 1948, Nantian, Xiken, Sanyang, Huangtan, Aoli, the five Villiages and parts of Wanyuan villiage in Nanyang area were given to the newly-built county, Wencheng County. And later, August 1st ,  Wenxi, Guiao, Huangtan, Xiashen, the four villages and parts of Linfu and Jieken were given to Qingtian.
October, 1961, Xi Ao and Shangheng, two communes were given to Yongjia County.

无标题文档
[加入收藏]   [设为首页]   [联系我们]   [网站声明]   [版权声明]   [使用帮助]
青田县人民政府主办 青田县信息中心技术支持
备案序号:浙ICP备08001658号 未经许可 不得转载